Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative is accepting applications for the position of cashier/receptionist working out of the Panama City office at 6243 East Highway 98. Training at the Southport office will be required. The ability to obtain government access onto Tyndall Air Force base is necessary. The primary duties will include: greeting members, answering the telephone, taking payments, maintaining/ balancing the cash drawer. The ideal candidate will have great written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and customer service skills.
- Follows and promotes workplace safety in the organization
- Assists with the utility privatization contract at Tyndall Air Force Base where needed
- Assists with member payment processing over the phone, in the office, or at the drive-thru station
- Sets up new accounts, assists with outage processing, and creates and implements service orders for both major and miscellaneous electrical and water service
- The cashier will also be in a member service role that includes answering members’ questions
- The employee may be called into work at any time
- Performs other duties as assigned
See the full Cashier/Receptionist Job Description (PDF) for more information.
Job Related Qualifications
Education: High school diploma, or equivalent, is required. Some college is preferred.
Related Experience: At least one year of experience in a customer service position or as an office assistant. Experience in an electric distribution cooperative, or similar, is preferred.
Other: Must have the ability to pass Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative’s employment entrance examination and drug screen.
Candidate must have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and legible handwriting
- Excellent organization and planning skills with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills, including conflict negotiation and empathy
- Basic math ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- The ability to operate all office equipment including but not limited to, computer, printer, cash register, and mail processing machine
- Knowledge of Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative's H2O PLUS program and incentive programs, electric and water distribution systems, building/construction, meters, routing, and/or surge protection