Meeting Energy Codes are a must if you plan on building a new home or adding to your existing home. Before you can receive a building permit, your plans must be approved to meet Energy Code Standards.
If your house plans need this approval, Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative can help. As a free service to our customers, we will review your house plans and make sure they meet the required Energy Code Standards for Florida.Energy Proficiency Index Report (DOC)
Building Inspection Numbers
If you are constructing a new home or making additions to your existing home; you will need to contact your local building department to get the proper inspections to possibly receive electric or water service.
- Bay County Building Department: (850) 784-4032
- Washington County Building Department: (850) 638-6195
- Calhoun County Building Department: (850) 674-8046
- Gulf County Building Department: (850) 229-8944
- Walton County Building Department: (850) 651-7180