Energy Savings for Your Business
Locally owned businesses are the backbone of our community. With summer in full swing, now is the perfect time to make sure your building is equipped for maximum energy savings.
- LED lighting for your business allows you to maintain your preferred brightness levels while keeping energy costs low. Don’t forget about your outdoor lighting options and timers for automatic, overnight shutoff.
- Check refrigeration to ensure it runs optimally and keeps items cool without setting the thermostat lower than necessary. Keep up with regular maintenance and freon refills to ensure safe and longer-lasting inventory.
- Electric motor-driven systems account for about 25% of all commercial energy use. For larger operations, variable speed drives may be necessary to optimize your energy consumption.
- Unplug all unnecessary or unused appliances and electronic equipment. Many of these devices continue to draw power even when turned off. Advanced power strips are an innovative, low-cost upgrade.
- Make sure your HVAC system is sized correctly for your business space. If it is not, this could lead to inefficient operation or insufficient cooling. Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative’s (GCEC's) energy advisers can help you evaluate your existing system.
These tips can help you lower your energy use while keeping your operations humming. GCEC knows your bottom line is important when making business operations decisions. As your local electric cooperative, we would be happy to come to your office, warehouse, or storefront to conduct a comprehensive energy audit to make sure you are maximizing every dollar. Contact GCEC to set up your energy audit today.