Learning about energy can be energizing!
If you’re a K-12 educator interested in teaching your students more about energy, EMPOWER is for you!
This engaging, hands-on energy exploration education workshop provides an exciting opportunity to learn about electric generation and distribution, with a focus on energy education and fun ways to integrate it into your classroom, using a curriculum designed for your students. It will equip you to present a balanced approach to electric generation and distribution — with fun, up-to-date resources and curriculum. Participants receive the training and materials to implement innovative hands-on energy units for their classrooms, multidisciplinary teams, and after-school programs.
- Continuing Education Credits for each participant who completes the workshop.
- The workshop registration, event lodging at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, and meals at the event are included. Mileage to and from the workshop will also be reimbursed.
- Excellent materials, including a National Energy Education Development (NEED) Science of Energy Kit ($300 value), access to all NEED Curriculum Guides, and supplemental resources.
- Opportunities to network with fellow educators.
If selected, your attendance will be made possible by a scholarship from Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative. Apply today!
Applying is Easy
Apply online at the NEED website by January 31, 2020. Space is limited.
The workshop has been developed by the NEED Project. These resources meet students’ diverse needs and learning styles and are correlated to Next Generation Science Standards, as well as Alabama and Florida standards.
What is NEED?
The mission of the NEED Project is to promote an energy conscious and educated society by creating networks of students, educators, and business, government, and community leaders to design and deliver objective, multi-sided energy education programs.
What NEED Does
- Equips today’s teachers and students and future leaders with knowledge and work skills
- Trains teachers to teach energy from a balanced perspective
- Reaches parents and community decision-makers
- Provides energy curriculum training vital to an understanding of energy to more than 65,000 classrooms nationwide
NEED will make the hotel reservations for those selected to attend. Details will be sent with confirmation of conference participation. The hotel will extend the discounted rate to attendees who wish to pay for two additional nights prior to or immediately following the conference