We are committed to doing everything within our power to restore power as quickly as possible. During a severe outage lasting several days, the Cooperative will do the following:
- Call in employees from other, unaffected, GCEC offices
- Call in outside help from other rural electric cooperatives
- Hire additional contract line and tree-trimming crews
- Work long hours every day and night until power is restored
- Use local media to update customers as to our progress
What should my family do when the power goes out?
First, make sure the problem is not within your home. Check your fuse box or circuit breaker to see if a fuse has blown or a breaker has tripped. If your fuses and breakers are okay, check your neighbors' houses for lights. If your neighbors have power, the problem may just be at your home. If your neighbors do not have power, then you should call GCEC and report the outage.