Skip to content
- If the power goes out, turn off your electric heating/cooling system
- Turn off appliances and lights, leaving one light on to signal the restoration of power (preferably a front porch light)
- Open refrigerators and freezers only as needed
- After power has been restored, turn on heating/cooling system and appliances one by one over a period of time to minimize the strain on our electric system and to prevent cold-load pick-up problems
- Report all damage in your community. If you cannot get through to us, it may be because others in your area are calling to report damage.
- Listen to local radio stations for updates
- If the weather is extreme, seek shelter if possible